Is it a good idea to plant trees to counteract CO2 emissions? Than depends on for what purposes it is used – have a look.
Are world leaders mocking us?
Since 1995 they have had yearly COP meetings to discuss what to do to counter climate change.
The meetings have moved from one city to the next like the wagon train of a circus on its several-yearly tour.
- 1995: COP 1, Berlin, Germany
- 1996: COP 2, Geneva, Schwitzerland
- 1997: COP 3, Kyoto, Japan
- 1998: COP 4, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1999: COP 5, Bonn, Germany
- 2000: COP 6, Haag, Netherlands
- 2001: COP 6, Bonn, Germany
- 2001: COP 7, Marrakech, Morocco
- 2002: COP 8, New Delhi, India
- 2003: COP 9, Milan, Italy
- 2004: COP 10, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2005: COP 11/CMP 1, Montreal, Canada
- 2006: COP 12/CMP 2, Nairobi, Kenya
- 2007: COP 13/CMP 3, Bali, Indonesia
- 2008: COP 14/CMP 4, Poznań, Poland
- 2009: COP 15/CMP 5, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2010: COP 16/CMP 6, Cancún, Mexico
- 2011: COP 17/CMP 7, Durban, Sout africa
- 2012: COP 18/CMP 8, Doha, Qatar
- 2013: COP 19/CMP 9, Warsawa, Poland
- 2014: COP 20/CMP 10, Lima, Peru
- 2015: COP 21/CMP 11, Paris, France
- 2016: COP 22/CMP 12/CMA 1-1, Marrakech, Morocco
- 2017: COP 23/CMP 13/CMA 1-2, Bonn, Germany
- 2018: COP 24/CMP 14/CMA 1-3, Katowice, Poland
- 2019: COP 25/CMP 15/CMA 2, Santiago, Argentina
- 2020: Same procedure as last year, James
Why was the legitimate and understandable wish of the British people about independence and liberation from the EU converted into political chaos, where the British people will be hit by a lot of economic problems, problems that are shared by all the countries with which the UK is doing business.
Why has the support for Brexit started to crumble?
The answer is, that the arguments put forward by the EU-sceptics in the campaign had a completely skewed focus. It was all about immigration and independence, but it ignored the dissident criticism that we need to present to the EU.
There are many good and serious reasons to be against the EU. EU resistance is not populist, while EU enthusiasm is serious politics.
It is the other around. It is EU enthusiasm that is populist.
The detailed arguments for this can be found here.
Refugees is a giant global problem consisting of at least 86,5 million fellow human beings.
Gallup World has published a survey, concluding that approx.. 750 miilion adults want to leave their homeland if they could. So the potential for a far greater refugee problem that the present is great.
There is a need for far more substance in the refugee debate if these problems are to be resolved. The present debate is about exploiting immigrants, asylum seekers and others with a different ethnic background as whipping boys to obtain political power.
The debate should be about finding out why so many people are so dissatisfied with their living conditions, that they choose to emigrate or have already made that choice. Not least: it should be about solving these reasons to stop the flow of refugees, and to rebuild their country of origin so that they will choose otherwise.
The open letter can be seen here.